Belton Independent School District
- For the 2020 school year, there are 3 public middle schools in Belton Independent School District, serving 2,636 students.
- Public middle school in Belton Independent School District have an average math proficiency score of 81% (versus the Texas public middle school average of 77%), and reading proficiency score of 78% (versus the 74% statewide average). This district's average middle school ranking is in the top 50% of public middle schools in Texas.
- Minority enrollment is 47% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Texas public middle school average of 72% (majority Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 15:1 is equal to the Texas public middle school average of 15:1.
|School District Name||Belton Independent School District|
|School District Website||http://www.bisd.net/|
|School District Phone Number||(254)215-2000|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (TX)|
|# of Schools||3 Schools||2,522 Schools|
|# of Students||2,636 Students||1,326,405 Students|
|# of Teachers||173 Teachers||90,682 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||15:1|
- Belton Independent School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 1,145 school districts in Texas (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-2017 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 95% has decreased from 98% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (TX)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||21 Students||4,626 Students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||48 Students||54,984 Students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||874 Students||700,838 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||182 Students||161,422 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||1,393 Students||374,447 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||9 Students||1,757 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||109 Students||28,331 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-||10,430|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-||14,535|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-||14,829|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-||15,098|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-||16,063|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-||16,635|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-||26,335|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||846||308,488|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||897||402,496|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||893||398,647|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-||33,085|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-||26,010|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-||23,156|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-||20,598|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $8,572 in this school district is less than the state average of $10,361. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $8,278 is less than the state average of $10,634. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (TX)|
|Total Revenue||$85 MM||$9 MM|
|Spending||$82 MM||$9 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$8,572||$10,361|
|Spending / Student||$8,278||$10,634|
Belton Independent School District Public Middle Schools (2020)
School (Math/Reading Proficiency)
- Lake Belton Middle School 8818 Tarver Dr
Temple, TX 76502
Grades: 6-9 | 840 students
- North Belton Middle School 7907 Prairie View Rd
Temple, TX 76502
Grades: 6-9 | 959 students
- South Belton Middle School 805 Sagebrush
Belton, TX 76513
Grades: 6-8 | 837 students
Although Chicago public schools opened for the start of the 2012 - 2013 school year, a possible teacher's strike may grind the entire district to a halt just a week later. Stay abreast of the negotiations and the backup plans the district has made to keep schools open, even without teachers on campus.
The SATs are a make or break exam for high school students. Check out the 10 best ways to prepare for the big test.
Learn about the recent vote by the Indiana School Board to allow a state takeover of four Indiana schools beginning next school year.