Kipp Austin Public Inc School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 5 public charter schools managed by Kipp Austin Public Inc School District serving 2,405 students in Austin, Texas.
- Minority enrollment is 97% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is more than the Texas state average of 72%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 16:1 is more than the state average of 15:1.
Kipp Austin Public Inc School District (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Austin Kipp Austin Academy Of Arts & Letters 8509 Fm 969 Bldg A
Austin, TX 78724
Grades: 5-8 | 427 students
- Austin Kipp Austin Comunidad Elementary School 8509 Fm 969 Bldg 628
Austin, TX 78724
Grades: K-4 | 603 students
- Austin Kipp Austin Leadership Elementary School 5107 Ih 35 S Ste A
Austin, TX 78744
Grades: K-3 | 471 students
- Austin Kipp Austin Obras Elementary School 5107 Ih 35 S Ste A
Austin, TX 78744
Grades: K-3 | 473 students
|School District Name||Kipp Austin Public Inc School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||2,405 students|
|# of Teachers||148 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
|# of Male Students||1,230 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||1,175 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||1 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||4 students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||2,200 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||102 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||84 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||14 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||375|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||366|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||368|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||341|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||97|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||226|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||228|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||211|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||193|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Kipp Austin Public Inc School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 1203 school districts in Texas (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 90-94% has decreased from 95% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (TX)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $5,490 in this school district is less than the state average of $12,908. The school district revenue/student has grown by 48% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $4,432 is less than the state average of $13,250. The school district spending/student has grown by 48% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||This State (TX)|
|Total Revenue||$11 MM||$9 MM|
|Spending||$9 MM||$9 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$5,490||$12,908|
|Spending / Student||$4,432||$13,250|
Learn about the pros and cons of separating 9th grade from high school.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.