Peaster Isd School District
- For the 2020 school year, there are 3 public schools managed by Peaster Isd School District serving 1,119 students in Peaster, Texas.
- Minority enrollment is 16% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Texas state average of 72%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 12:1 is less than the state average of 15:1.
Peaster Isd School District (2020)
- School Location Grades Students
- Peaster Peaster Elementary School3400 Harwell Lk Rd
Peaster, TX 76485
Grades: PK-6 | 650 students
- Peaster Peaster High School3600 Harwell Lk Rd
Peaster, TX 76485
Grades: 9-12 | 302 students
- Peaster Peaster Middle School8512 Fm 920
Peaster, TX 76485
Grades: 7-8 | 167 students
|School District Name||Peaster Isd School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||817 students|
|# of Teachers||62 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
|# of Male Students||399 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||418 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||1 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||1 students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||108 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||8 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||687 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||12 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||23|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||89|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||84|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||94|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||97|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||73|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||83|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||107|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||85|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||82|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Peaster Isd School District, which is ranked within the top 30% of all 1203 school districts in Texas (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 90% has decreased from 95% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (TX)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $10,727 in this school district is less than the state average of $10,807. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $13,483 is higher than the state average of $11,097. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (TX)|
|Total Revenue||$11 MM||$9 MM|
|Spending||$14 MM||$9 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$10,727||$10,807|
|Spending / Student||$13,483||$11,097|
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
As of 2014, nineteen states still allow corporal punishment – spanking and paddling the most common choices – in their public schools. However, some argue that not only are these punishments physically harmful, they also are disproportionately administered to students of color. As a result, House democrats have taken up the issue in a new bill that would ban all forms of corporal punishment nationwide.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.