Rankin Independent School District
- For the 2020-21 school year, there is 1 public middle school in Rankin Independent School District, serving 160 students.
- Public middle school in Rankin Independent School District have an average math proficiency score of 42% (versus the Texas public middle school average of 48%), and reading proficiency score of 37% (versus the 45% statewide average). This district's average middle school ranking is in the bottom 50% of public middle schools in Texas.
- Minority enrollment is 49% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Texas public middle school average of 72% (majority Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 8:1 is less than the Texas public middle school average of 15:1.
|School District Name||Rankin Independent School District|
|School District Website||http://www.rankinisd.net|
|School District Phone Number||(432) 693-2461|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (TX)|
|# of Schools||1 School||2,522 Schools|
|# of Students||160 Students||1,326,405 Students|
|# of Teachers||19 Teachers||90,682 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1||15:1|
- Rankin Independent School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,149 school districts in Texas (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 80% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (TX)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-44%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-44%|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||2 Students||4,626 Students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||n/a||54,984 Students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||75 Students||700,838 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||2 Students||161,422 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||81 Students||374,447 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||1,757 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||n/a||28,331 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students||n/a|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-||10,430|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-||14,535|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-||14,829|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-||15,098|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-||16,063|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-||16,635|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-||26,335|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||19||308,488|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||38||402,496|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||17||398,647|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||26||33,085|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||19||26,010|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||22||23,156|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||19||20,598|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $93,709 is higher than the state average of $10,361. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $83,490 is higher than the state average of $10,700. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (TX)|
|Total Revenue||$25 MM||$9 MM|
|Spending||$22 MM||$9 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$93,709||$10,361|
|Spending / Student||$83,490||$10,700|
Rankin Independent School District Public Middle Schools (2020-21)
School (Math/Reading Proficiency)
- Rankin High School 1300 Upton
Rankin, TX 79778
Grades: 6-12 | 160 students
Gangs, drugs, and guns may be more prevalent on public school campuses than parents think. Learn about the high percentage of public school students who are exposed to these dangers each day – and what parents can do to protect their kids.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.
Learn about how public schools across the country are mandating community service hours in order to graduate.