Rankin Independent School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 2 public schools managed by Rankin Independent School District serving 281 students in Rankin, Texas.
- Minority enrollment is 52% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Texas state average of 71%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 9:1 is less than the state average of 15:1.
|School District Name||Rankin Independent School District|
|# of Schools||2|
|# of Students||281|
|# of Teachers||33|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9|
|# of Male Students||149|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||132|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||3|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||n/a|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||140|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||1|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||136|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||1|
|% of Two or more races Students||n/a|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||19|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||23|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||23|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||17|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||15|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||17|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||36|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||20|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||24|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||20|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||20|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||18|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||17|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||12|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Rankin Independent School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 1203 school districts in Texas (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 50% has decreased from 80% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (TX)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||75-79%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||75-79%|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $93,709 is higher than the state average of $10,811. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $83,490 is higher than the state average of $11,097. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||This State (TX)|
|Total Revenue||$25 MM||$9 MM|
|Spending||$22 MM||$9 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$93,709||$10,811|
|Spending / Student||$83,490||$11,097|
We examine the issue of Internet access in public schools, particularly in light of recent allegations from a father that his daughter was allowed to visit online dating websites from her school during class hours.
Special education teachers face a unique set of challenges, and so do the parents of special needs students. Keep reading to learn some practical tips for making your life as a special needs teacher or parent easier.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.