Of Science And Technology Discovery School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 3 public schools managed by Of Science And Technology Discovery School District serving 1,534 students in Houston, Texas.
- Minority enrollment is 79% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is more than the Texas state average of 72%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 15:1 is equal to the state average of 15:1.
Of Science And Technology Discovery School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Houston School Of Science And Technology Advancement 10550 Westoffice Dr
Houston, TX 77042
Grades: K-6 | 238 students
- San Antonio School Of Science And Technology Corpus Christi 4737 Saratoga Blvd
San Antonio, TX 78238
Grades: K-12 | 813 students
- San Antonio School Of Science And Technology Discovery 5707 Bandera Rd
San Antonio, TX 78238
Grades: K-8 | 483 students
|School District Name||Of Science And Technology Discovery School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||1,534 students|
|# of Teachers||102 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
|# of Male Students||794 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||740 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||3 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||103 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||876 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||195 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||327 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||30 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||185|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||180|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||167|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||178|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||175|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||145|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||163|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||133|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||110|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||35|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||27|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||26|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||10|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Of Science And Technology Discovery School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 1203 school districts in Texas (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 50% has decreased from 80% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (TX)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $3,742 in this school district is less than the state average of $10,807. The school district revenue/student has grown by 11% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $2,793 is less than the state average of $11,097. The school district spending/student has grown by 11% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (TX)|
|Total Revenue||$3 MM||$9 MM|
|Spending||$3 MM||$9 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$3,742||$10,807|
|Spending / Student||$2,793||$11,097|
We provide an overview and current status of the Race to the Top program that was designed as an incentive and funding program to promote education reform in public school districts across the country.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.