Terrell County Independent School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there is 1 public school managed by Terrell County Independent School District serving 158 students in Sanderson, Texas.
- Minority enrollment is 66% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Texas state average of 71%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 10:1 is less than the state average of 15:1.
Terrell County Independent School District (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Sanderson Sanderson Schools310 2nd St
Sanderson, TX 79848
Grades: PK-12 | 158 students
|School District Name||Terrell County Independent School District|
|# of Schools||1|
|# of Students||158|
|# of Teachers||16|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10|
|# of Male Students||85|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||73|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||n/a|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||100|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||n/a|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||54|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||4|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||9|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||13|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||12|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||10|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||10|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||10|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||12|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||9|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||17|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||9|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||9|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||17|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||12|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||9|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Terrell County Independent School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1203 school districts in Texas (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 50% has decreased from 80% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (TX)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||70-74%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||70-74%|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $93,086 is higher than the state average of $10,811. The school district revenue/student has grown by 20% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $135,440 is higher than the state average of $11,097. The school district spending/student has grown by 20% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||This State (TX)|
|Total Revenue||$11 MM||$9 MM|
|Spending||$16 MM||$9 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$93,086||$10,811|
|Spending / Student||$135,440||$11,097|
We examine the issue of Internet access in public schools, particularly in light of recent allegations from a father that his daughter was allowed to visit online dating websites from her school during class hours.
Special education teachers face a unique set of challenges, and so do the parents of special needs students. Keep reading to learn some practical tips for making your life as a special needs teacher or parent easier.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.