Theodore Roosevelt Car & Technical Academy
Theodore Roosevelt Car & Technical Academy places among the top 20% of public schools in Indiana for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 5%)
- Theodore Roosevelt Car & Technical Academy's student population of 601 students has grown by 5% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 29 teachers has grown by 7% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||601 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||29 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Theodore Roosevelt Car & Technical Academy is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,769 schools in Indiana (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 21:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IN)|
|Overall School Rank||#1723 out of 1769 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||10-14%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||30-34%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1||17:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Edison Learning Roosevelt School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Gary New Technical Innovative Institute Grades: 9-12 | 187 students
1800 East 35th Ave
Gary, IN 46409
(219)963-2901 0.0 9-12 187
- Gary Frankie W Mccullough Academy For Girl Grades: K-8 | 439 students
1110 W 21st Ave
Gary, IN 46407
(219)977-2129 0.6 K-8 439
- Gary Gary Lighthouse Charter School Grades: K-12 | 1515 students
3201 Pierce St
Gary, IN 46408
(219)880-1762 0.9 K-12 1515
- Gary Beveridge Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 400 students
1234 Cleveland St
Gary, IN 46404
(219)977-2123 1.5 K-6 400
- Gary Daniel Hale Williams Elementary School Grades: K-8 | 678 students
1320 E 19th Ave
Gary, IN 46407
(219)881-3600 1.5 K-8 678
Nearby Homes for Sale
As public schools in the United States continue to increase in their racial, ethnic, economic, and religious diversity, some districts need to rethink their holiday celebrations in a manner that is inclusive and respectful of all people.
As schools around the country close for two weeks or more, parents find themselves asking some tough questions. Read on to learn about the current and future impact of COVID-19 on students in public schools.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.