- Thomas Ditson's student population of 542 students has declined by 5% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 41 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||542 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||41 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Thomas Ditson's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has decreased from 14:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MA)|
|Overall School Rank||#1001 out of 1,671 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||13:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Billerica School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Billerica Shawsheen Valley Vocational Technical High School Grades: 9-12 | 1336 students
100 Cook Street
Billerica, MA 01821
(978)667-2111 0.8 9-12 1336
- Billerica Locke Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 536 students
110 Allen Road
Billerica, MA 01821
(978)528-8650 1.5 6-8 536
- Wilmington Boutwell Grades: PK-K | 158 students
17 Boutwell Avenue
Wilmington, MA 01887
(978)694-6070 2.0 PK-K 158
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
As of 2014, nineteen states still allow corporal punishment – spanking and paddling the most common choices – in their public schools. However, some argue that not only are these punishments physically harmful, they also are disproportionately administered to students of color. As a result, House democrats have taken up the issue in a new bill that would ban all forms of corporal punishment nationwide.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.