Townshend Village School
Townshend Village School places among the top 20% of public schools in Vermont for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 5%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 1%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 10%)
- Townshend Village School's student population of 81 students has grown by 6% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 7 teachers has grown by 16% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||81 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Townshend Village School is ranked within the top 5% of all 289 schools in Vermont (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has decreased from 13:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (VT)|
|Overall School Rank|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||80-89%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||70-79%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||12:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Townshend School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Townshend Leland & Gray Uhsd #34 High School Grades: 7-12 | 318 students
2042 Vt Route 30
Townshend, VT 05353
(802)365-7355 0.1 7-12 318
- Wardsboro Wardsboro Central School Grades: PK-6 | 58 students
70 School Road
Wardsboro, VT 05355
(802)896-6210 6.0 PK-6 58
- Newfane Newbrook Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 151 students
14 School Road
Newfane, VT 05345
(802)365-7536 6.1 PK-6 151
- Jamaica Jamaica Village School Grades: PK-6 | 64 students
347 Depot Street
Jamaica, VT 05343
(802)874-4822 6.6 PK-6 64
- Putney Putney Central School Grades: PK-8 | 181 students
182 Westminster Road
Putney, VT 05346
(802)387-5521 8.2 PK-8 181
We examine the issue of Internet access in public schools, particularly in light of recent allegations from a father that his daughter was allowed to visit online dating websites from her school during class hours.
Special education teachers face a unique set of challenges, and so do the parents of special needs students. Keep reading to learn some practical tips for making your life as a special needs teacher or parent easier.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.