University Senior High School
University Senior High School places among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 20%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 10%)
- University Senior High School's student population of 1671 students has declined by 11% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 72 teachers has declined by 7% over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||1,671 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||72 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- University Senior High School is ranked within the top 50% of all 9595 schools in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 23:1 has decreased from 24:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1||24:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of University Senior High School is Los Angeles Unified School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 983 school districts in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Los Angeles Unified School District's student population of 633,165 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The district's graduation rate of 77% has increased from 61% over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $12,871 is higher than the state average of $11,049. The district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $14,853 is higher than the state average of $11,340. The district spending/student has grown by 13% over four school years.
|School District Name||Los Angeles Unified School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||633,165||1,585|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Graduation Rate|
|District Total Revenue||$8,437 MM||$18 MM|
|District Spending||$9,736 MM||$18 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$12,871||$11,049|
|District Spending / Student||$14,853||$11,340|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Los Angeles Nora Sterry Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 364 students
1730 Corinth Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90025
(310)473-2172 0.8 K-5 364
- Los Angeles Brentwood Science Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 897 students
740 Gretna Green Way
Los Angeles, CA 90049
(310)826-5631 0.9 K-5 897
- Santa Monica Mckinley Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 512 students
2401 Santa Monica Blvd.
Santa Monica, CA 90404
(310)828-5011 1.3 K-5 512
- Los Angeles New West Charter Grades: 6-12 | 823 students
1905 Armacost Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90025
(310)943-5444 1.3 6-12 823