- Valley Pathways's student population of 176 students has declined by 8% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 9 teachers has declined by 30% over five school years.
|School Type||Alternative school|
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||176 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Valley Pathways is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 465 schools in Alaska (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 20:1 has increased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AK)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#258 out of 465 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||25-29%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-44%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1||17:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Matanuska-Susitna Borough School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Palmer Palmer Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 572 students
1159 S Chugach
Palmer, AK 99645
(907)761-4300 1.9 6-8 572
- Palmer Academy Charter School Grades: K-8 | 247 students
801 East Arctic
Palmer, AK 99645
(907)746-2358 2.6 K-8 247
- Willow Beryozova School Grades: K-12 | 19 students
27297 W Beryozova Dr
Willow, AK 99688
(907)495-9390 2.6 K-12 19
Read why good diet and nutrition is important for high student performance.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.