Van Nuys Middle School
- Van Nuys Middle School's student population of 1,083 students has declined by 14% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 43 teachers has declined by 31% over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||1,083 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||43 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Van Nuys Middle School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 9,602 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 25:1 has increased from 20:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank||#8149 out of 9602 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||25:1||23:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Los Angeles Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school to Van Nuys Middle School is Will Rogers Continuation (1.3 miles away)
- The nearest middle school is Ivy Bound Academy Of Math Sci And Technical Charter Middle School (1.1 miles away)
- The nearest elementary school is Kester Avenue Elementary School (0.4 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Van Nuys Chandler Learning Academy Grades: K-5 | 513 students
14030 Weddington St.
Van Nuys, CA 91401
(818)789-6173 0.7 K-5 513
- Sherman Oaks Ivy Bound Academy Of Math Sci And Technical Charter Middle School Grades: 5-8 | 218 students
15355 Morrison St.
Sherman Oaks, CA 91403
(818)808-0158 1.1 5-8 218
- Van Nuys Sylvan Park Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 882 students
6238 Noble Ave.
Van Nuys, CA 91411
(818)988-4020 1.2 K-5 882
- Sherman Oaks Robert A. Millikan Affiliated Charter & Performing Arts Magnet Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 1,833 student
5041 Sunnyslope Ave.
Sherman Oaks, CA 91423
(818)528-1600 1.3 6-8 1,833
What is the best way to evaluate the quality of a public high school? Learn about the data available that helps parents choose a high school based upon how well their graduates perform in college.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.