Fletcher School District
- For the 2020-21 school year, there is 1 public school in Fletcher School District, serving 139 students. Fletcher School District has one of the highest concentrations of top ranked public schools in Vermont.
- Public school in Fletcher School District have an average math proficiency score of 47% (versus the Vermont public school average of 42%), and reading proficiency score of 57% (versus the 52% statewide average). This district's average testing ranking is 8/10, which is in the top 30% of public schools in Vermont.
- Minority enrollment is 0% of the student body (majority Black and Hispanic), which is less than the Vermont public school average of 10% (majority Black and Asian).
- The student:teacher ratio of 13:1 is more than the Vermont public school average of 12:1.
|School District Name||Fletcher School District|
|School District Phone Number||(802) 849-6251|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (VT)|
|# of Schools||1 School||310 Schools|
|# of Students||139 Students||84,156 Students|
|# of Teachers||11 Teachers||7,240 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||12:1|
- Fletcher School District, which is ranked within the8/, top 30% of all 174 school districts in Vermont (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-2017 school year.10
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (VT)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||45-49%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||55-59%|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a||127 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||n/a||1,741 Students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||n/a||1,732 Students|
|% Hispanic Students||n/a|
|# of Black Students||n/a||1,767 Students|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||139 Students||75,806 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||58 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||n/a||2,989 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students||n/a|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||27||8,809|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||23||5,738|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||11||5,780|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||12||5,821|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||14||5,799|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||10||6,165|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||23||6,188|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||19||5,967|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-||6,007|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-||5,875|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-||5,706|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-||5,664|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-||5,470|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-||5,167|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $11,747 is higher than the state average of . The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $11,443 is higher than the state average of $. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (VT)|
|Total Revenue||$3 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$11,747|
|Spending / Student||$11,443|
Fletcher School District Public Schools (2020-21)
- School (Math and Reading Proficiency) Location Grades Students
- Fletcher Elementary School 340 School Road
Cambridge, VT 05444
Grades: PK-6 | 139 students
What happens when a school district stops busing students? Could segregation once again be a reality for public school districts? Wake County in North Carolina is testing the segregation waters with its decision to stop busing students in their district.
With the end of the “No Child Left Behind” program looming, it appears that almost 80% of our country’s schools will get a failing grade, according to federal standards. Could waivers help repair the broken NCLB program?
Whopping cough is making a comeback, especially amongst children, prompting health officials to encourage pertussis vaccines and boosters. However, should the pertussis vaccine be required for public school enrollment? Learn about current proposed laws and its ramifications.