Lunenburg County Public Schools School District
- For the 2020-21 school year, there are 4 public schools in Lunenburg County Public Schools School District, serving 1,528 students. Lunenburg County Public Schools School District has one of the highest concentrations of top ranked public schools in Virginia.
- Public schools in Lunenburg County Public Schools School District have an average math proficiency score of 63% (versus the Virginia public school average of 72%), and reading proficiency score of 74% (versus the 80% statewide average). This district's average testing ranking is 3/10, which is in the bottom 50% of public schools in Virginia.
- Minority enrollment is 49% of the student body (majority Black), which is less than the Virginia public school average of 51% (majority Black and Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 14:1 is less than the Virginia public school average of 15:1.
|School District Name||Lunenburg County Public Schools School District|
|School District Website||http://www.lunenburgcountyschools.org/|
|School District Phone Number||(434) 676-2467|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (VA)|
|# of Schools||4 Schools||2,123 Schools|
|# of Students||1,528 Students||1,290,812 Students|
|# of Teachers||110 Teachers||85,977 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||15:1|
- Lunenburg County Public Schools School District, which is ranked within the3/, bottom 50% of all 135 school districts in Virginia (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-2017 school year.10
- The school district's graduation rate of 75-79% has decreased from 85-89% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (VA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||8 Students||3,485 Students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||3 Students||90,286 Students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||155 Students||202,983 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||507 Students||288,923 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||780 Students||631,601 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||2 Students||2,044 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||73 Students||71,490 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||66||33,597|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||114||90,897|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||111||94,212|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||96||94,065|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||127||96,843|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||117||99,187|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||107||99,445|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||138||97,617|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||130||96,633|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||114||96,881|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||129||103,925|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||92||99,531|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||103||94,858|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||84||93,121|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $10,906 in this school district is less than the state average of 11100. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $11,087 is less than the state average of $11,256. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (VA)|
|Total Revenue||$17 MM||$1 MM|
|Spending||$18 MM||$2 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$10,906||11100|
|Spending / Student||$11,087||11256|
Lunenburg County Public Schools School District Public Schools (2020-21)
- School (Math and Reading Proficiency) Location Grades Students
- Victoria Elementary School 1521 Eighth St
Victoria, VA 23974
Grades: PK-5 | 363 students
- Kenbridge Elementary School 215 Nottoway Falls Rd
Kenbridge, VA 23944
Grades: PK-5 | 375 students
- Lunenburg Middle School 583 Tomlinson Road
Victoria, VA 23974
Grades: 6-8 | 382 students
Amidst the controversy surrounding President Obama's school address, learn about whether or not parents have any rights in choosing who their children's public schools invite as speakers.
Learn about the history of public schools incorporating self-contained classrooms, and whether they are right for your child.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.