- Vision Academy's student population of 180 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 4 teachers has declined by 42% over five school years.
|School Type||Charter School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||180 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Vision Academy's student:teacher ratio of 45:1 has increased from 26:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (LA)|
|Overall School Rank||#1264 out of 1,277 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤20%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||21-39%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||45:1||15:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Vision Academy School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Monroe Lincoln Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 366 students
4200 Elm Street
Monroe, LA 71203
(318)322-9533 0.2 PK-6 366
- Monroe Carroll Junior High School Grades: 7-8 | 284 students
2945 Renwick Street
Monroe, LA 71201
(318)322-1683 1.0 7-8 284
- Monroe Martin Luther King Junior High School Grades: 7-8 | 247 students
3716 Nutland Road
Monroe, LA 71202
(318)387-1825 1.0 7-8 247
- Monroe Sherrouse School Grades: K-12 | 50 students
300 Sherrouse Avenue
Monroe, LA 71203
(318)343-3258 1.0 K-12 50
After massive budget cuts and claims of economic inequity within the state’s public school system, districts are taking matters in their own hands and suing the state for the mess.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.
Students all over the nation go hungry every day not because their schools don’t offer lunch, but because they refuse them to children with outstanding debts. Read on to learn about the horror that is lunch shaming and what can be done about it.