Wakefield High School
Wakefield High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Kansas for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 10%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 5%)
- Wakefield High School's student population of 70 students has declined by 30% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 9 teachers has declined by 10% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||70 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Wakefield High School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,265 schools in Kansas (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (KS)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#916 out of 1265 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤20%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||21-39%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Clay Center School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Wakefield Wakefield Elementary School Grades: K-8 | 125 students
Wakefield, KS 67487
(785) 461-5437 0.0 K-8 125
- Riley Riley County Grade School Grades: PK-8 | 471 students
117 N. Remmele
Riley, KS 66531
(785) 485-4010 11.4 PK-8 471
- Clay Center Lincoln Elementary School Grades: PK-3 | 380 students
Clay Center, KS 67432
(785) 632-2156 12.6 PK-3 380
- Riley Riley County High School Grades: 9-12 | 220 students
12451 Fairview Church Road
Riley, KS 66531
(785) 485-4020 12.7 9-12 220
A generous Michigan teen was growing his hair long to donate to Locks of Love, but was suspended from school as a result. Was this the right cut? We’ll discuss both side of the issue.
A recent ruling by the U.S. Supreme Court bans public school use by churches outside of normal school hours, and we’ll take a look at both sides of this issue.
Learn about whether charter schools or traditional public schools are enjoying better academic performance amongst their students. What do the test results reveal?