Washington Elementary School
- Washington Elementary School's student population of 266 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 22 teachers has declined by 12% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||266 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Washington Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has increased from 11:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NJ)|
|Overall School Rank||#829 out of 2,236 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-44%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||70-74%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||12:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Hawthorne Public School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Haledon Prospect Park School No. 1 Grades: PK-8 | 923 students
94 Brown Avenue
Haledon, NJ 07508
(973)790-7909 0.6 PK-8 923
- Paterson School 12 Grades: K-8 | 521 students
121 North Second Street
Paterson, NJ 07522
(973)321-0120 0.8 K-8 521
- Hawthorne Hawthorne High School Grades: 9-12 | 713 students
160 Parmelee Avenue
Hawthorne, NJ 07506
(973)423-6415 0.9 9-12 713
- Paterson School 18 Grades: 1-8 | 1018 students
51 E 18th Street
Paterson, NJ 07524
(973)321-0180 1.0 1-8 1018
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.