- Washington School's student population of 214 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 14 teachers has declined by 6% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Total Students||214 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Washington School is ranked within the top 50% of all 3,119 schools in Michigan (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MI)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#1080 out of 3119 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-44%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||45-49%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Bessemer Area School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Ironwood Gogebic County Community Education Grades: 9-12 | 52 students
108 E Arch Street
Ironwood, MI 49938
(906) 932-0932 0.2 9-12 52
- Bessemer Ad Johnston Jrsr High School Grades: 7-12 | 204 students
100 West Lead St
Bessemer, MI 49911
(906) 667-0413 0.3 7-12 204
- Wakefield Wakefieldmarenisco School Grades: PK-12 | 293 students
715 Putnam St
Wakefield, MI 49968
(906) 224-9421 4.6 PK-12 293
- Hurley Hurley Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 261 students
5503 W Range View Dr
Hurley, WI 54534
(715) 561-4900 9.0 PK-5 261
We have followed the Atlanta cheating scandal story, and now, administrative consequences have been handed out to the teachers implicated, and a jury is considering criminal charges against some of the teachers as well.
Learn about a school district in Missouri that buckled under the pressure of the ACLU and took single-sex classes out of its schools. We’ll also look at some of the evidence that both supports and refutes the benefits of single-sex classrooms.
Some schools in the country only give students 10 minutes to eat lunch, while others enjoy an entire hour. We’ll delve into the controversy surrounding the length of the lunch period and what the research finds in correlating lunch length to student performance.