- Washington School's student population of 224 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 14 teachers has declined by 6% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Total Students||224 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Washington School's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MI)|
|Overall School Rank||#1295 out of 3,159 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||45-49%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||55-59%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Bessemer Area School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bessemer A.d. Johnston Jr/sr High School Grades: 7-12 | 198 students
100 West Lead St
Bessemer, MI 49911
(906)667-0413 0.3 7-12 198
- Wakefield Wakefield-marenisco School Grades: K-12 | 297 students
715 Putnam St
Wakefield, MI 49968
(906)224-9421 4.6 K-12 297
- Hurley Hurley High School Grades: 6-12 | 295 students
5503 W Range View Dr
Hurley, WI 54534
(715)561-4900 9.0 6-12 295
- Mercer Mercer School Grades: PK-12 | 146 students
2690 W Margaret St
Mercer, WI 54547
(715)476-2154 21.4 PK-12 146
Across the country, public schools are being caught red-handed in manipulating their test scores, graduation rates, and campus safety data. Learn about why schools are cheating and how they are distorting the truth.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.