Oakville School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 2 public schools managed by Oakville School District serving 214 students in Oakville, Washington.
- Minority enrollment is 46% of the student body (majority American Indian), which is more than the Washington state average of 45%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 11:1 is less than the state average of 19:1.
|School District Name||Oakville School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||214 students|
|# of Teachers||19 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
|# of Male Students||101 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||113 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||46 students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||n/a|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||33 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||n/a|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||116 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||1 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||18 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||11|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||14|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||18|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||19|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||14|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||18|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||14|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||25|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||13|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||14|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||12|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||13|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||14|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||15|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Oakville School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 293 school districts in Washington (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 50% has decreased from 60-79% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (WA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||20-24%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||35-39%|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $14,993 is higher than the state average of $14,981. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $13,604 is higher than the state average of $13,157. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (WA)|
|Total Revenue||$4 MM||$12 MM|
|Spending||$4 MM||$11 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$14,993||$14,981|
|Spending / Student||$13,604||$13,157|
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.