Wilbur School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 2 public schools managed by Wilbur School District serving 276 students in Wilbur, Washington.
- Minority enrollment is 21% of the student body (majority American Indian), which is less than the Washington state average of 45%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 13:1 is less than the state average of 19:1.
|School District Name||Wilbur School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||276 students|
|# of Teachers||21 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
|# of Male Students||132 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||144 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||20 students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||1 students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||13 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||1 students|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||217 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||3 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students|
|# of Two or more races Students||21 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||16|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||12|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||14|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||22|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||19|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||22|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||18|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||23|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||27|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||26|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||22|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||23|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||32|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Wilbur School District, which is ranked within the top 20% of all 293 school districts in Washington (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 80% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (WA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||50-54%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||70-74%|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $13,245 in this school district is less than the state average of $14,981. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $12,487 is less than the state average of $13,157. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (WA)|
|Total Revenue||$4 MM||$12 MM|
|Spending||$3 MM||$11 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$13,245||$14,981|
|Spending / Student||$12,487||$13,157|
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.