Wayne High School
- Wayne High School's student population of 1,346 students has grown by 5% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 65 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||1,346 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||65 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Wayne High School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,762 schools in Indiana (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 21:1 has increased from 20:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IN)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#1644 out of 1762 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1||17:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Fort Wayne Community Schools School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Fort Wayne Timothy L Johnson Academy Grades: K-6 | 312 students
4625 Werling Dr
Fort Wayne, IN 46806
(260) 441-8727 1.5 K-6 312
- Fort Wayne Maplewood Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 471 students
2200 Maplewood Rd
Fort Wayne, IN 46819
(260) 467-7150 1.6 PK-5 471
- Fort Wayne Jeff H Towles Intermediate School Grades: 1-8 | 597 students
420 E Paulding Rd
Fort Wayne, IN 46815
(260) 467-4300 2.1 1-8 597
- Fort Wayne Waynedale Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 466 students
Fort Wayne, IN 46809
(260) 467-8820 2.2 PK-5 466
Gangs, drugs, and guns may be more prevalent on public school campuses than parents think. Learn about the high percentage of public school students who are exposed to these dangers each day – and what parents can do to protect their kids.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.
Learn about how public schools across the country are mandating community service hours in order to graduate.