Weller Elementary School
Weller Elementary School serves 468 students in grades Prekindergarten-6.
Weller Elementary School placed in the top 10% of all schools in Alaska for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 20%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 58% (which is higher than the Alaska state average of 39%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 55% (which is higher than the Alaska state average of 42%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 18:1 is higher than the Alaska state level of 15:1.
Minority enrollment is 29% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the Alaska state average of 53% (majority American Indian).
Weller Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Alaska for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
Weller Elementary School's student population of 468 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
The teacher population of 26 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
(offers virtual instruction)
(offers virtual instruction)
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Weller Elementary School is ranked within the top 10% of all 461 schools in Alaska (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Weller Elementary School is 0.47, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.71. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (AK)
Overall Testing Rank
#44 out of 461 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
National School Lunch Program
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, AK Dept. of Education
Review Weller Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Tutoring & Supplemental Education: The Pros and Cons
We look at the pros and cons of personal tutors, learning centers and other types of supplemental education.
What Public School Students Should Expect After COVID-19
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
Miami-Dade Teachers to Receive Mental Health Training
In response to the Sandy Hook tragedy, Miami-Dade Schools will now be offering mandatory mental health training to faculty and staff inside the district schools.