Wellesley Middle School
Wellesley Middle School places among the top 20% of public schools in Massachusetts for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 20%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 20%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 20%)
- Wellesley Middle School's student population of 1,145 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 98 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||1,145 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||98 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Wellesley Middle School is ranked within the top 20% of all 1,667 schools in Massachusetts (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MA)|
|Overall School Rank||#235 out of 1667 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||13:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Wellesley School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Wellesley Sprague Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 392 students
401 School Street
Wellesley, MA 02482
(781)263-1965 0.4 K-5 392
- Wellesley Hills Ernest F Upham Grades: K-5 | 222 students
35 Wynnewood Rd
Wellesley Hills, MA 02481
(781)446-6285 0.7 K-5 222
- Wellesley Hills Katharine Lee Bates Grades: K-5 | 379 students
116 Elmwood Rd
Wellesley Hills, MA 02481
(781)446-6260 1.0 K-5 379
No learning, just memorization. The quality of the education is very poor and minimal learning is accomplished. I would not recommend sending your child to the Wellesley middle school, if you are looking for a quality education.
- Posted by Parent - Anonymous
Excellent in every way. Attentive and smart teachers, engaged parents, updated facilities and outstanding student performance. Middle school-age kids are in a very challenging developmental stage, and WMS is very tuned in to this and does a great job handling all the issues.
- Posted by Parent - stale
The Wellesley Middle School has shown they care about each and every child. My second child is a 6th grader there and has been very happy. The teachers all know what is going on in other classes so work together. For example, if they are studying Greece in social studies, the art teachers give related projects. My son graduated from the middle school and had trouble adapting from elementary school. He was in the nurses office daily or would run home. His guidance counselor, Mr. DeWeiss worked with the nurses and me to help him adjust. They were extremely helpful and he ended up loving the school. The teachers are not hesitant to let you know if your child needs extra help studying before an exam, they are very interested in the success of each child.
- Posted by Parent - susan