West Elementary School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-5
- Enrollment: 271 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 14:1
- Minority Enrollment: 4%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 50% in OH
- Math Proficiency: 70-74% (Top 20%)
- Reading Proficiency: 55-59% (Top 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), OH Dept. of Education
West Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Ohio for:
Frequently Asked Questions
What is West Elementary School's ranking?
West Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Ohio for: Highest math proficiency (Top 20%), Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 1%) and Lowest student:teacher ratio (Top 20%).
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
70-74% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 50% OH state average), while 55-59% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 57% OH state average).
How many students attend West Elementary School?
271 students attend West Elementary School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
96% of West Elementary School students are White, 3% of students are Two or more races, and 1% of students are Hispanic.
What is the student:teacher ratio of West Elementary School?
West Elementary School has a student ration of 14:1, which is lower than the Ohio state average of 17:1.
What grades does West Elementary School offer ?
West Elementary School offers enrollment in grades Prekindergarten-5
What school district is West Elementary School part of?
West Elementary School is part of Vinton County Local School District.
Review West Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities