West Hernando Middle School
- West Hernando Middle School's student population of 656 students has grown by 8% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 45 teachers has declined by 8% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||656 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||45 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- West Hernando Middle School's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has increased from 12:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (FL)|
|Overall School Rank||#2566 out of 3,601 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Hernando School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Brooksville Pine Grove Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 765 students
14411 Ken Austin Pkwy
Brooksville, FL 34613
(352)797-7090 0.3 PK-5 765
- Brooksville Central High School-adult Education Grades: AE
14075 Ken Austin Pkwy
Brooksville, FL 34613
(352)797-7026 0.4 AE n/a
- Brooksville Weeki Wachee High School Grades: 9-12 | 1383 students
12150 Vespa Way
Brooksville, FL 34614
(352)797-7029 4.5 9-12 1383
I'm not to happy with the way the school runs. The teachers really don't care about the students. And once they don't like a child for any little thing they will be sent the office. It's a middle school with a lot of teenagers, kids that THINK they are grown. if teachers are not able to handle and talk to these kids. Maybe they should try teaching elementary school.
- Posted by Parent - New.y
Learn about the pros and cons surrounding year-round schools through studies arguing that students perform better in school without a summer break.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.