Central High School
Central High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Florida for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Central High School's student population of 1,238 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 74 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||1,238 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||74 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Central High School's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has increased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (FL)|
|Overall School Rank||#2550 out of 3,601 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Hernando School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Brooksville Central High School-adult Education Grades: AE
14075 Ken Austin Pkwy
Brooksville, FL 34613
(352)797-7026 0.0 AE n/a
- Brooksville Pine Grove Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 765 students
14411 Ken Austin Pkwy
Brooksville, FL 34613
(352)797-7090 0.6 PK-5 765
- Brooksville Weeki Wachee High School Grades: 9-12 | 1383 students
12150 Vespa Way
Brooksville, FL 34614
(352)797-7029 4.2 9-12 1383
My name is Patricia Wright and after teaching at the Pasco County Juvenile Detention Center for 25 years, I will be retiring at the end of January 2015. I am interested in substitute teaching in Hernando County as I live close to the Hernando County line. Please send me information on subbing in Hernando County. Thank You, Patricia
- Posted by Teacher - pwrig
I do recommend central. I am going into my junior year and love the way the school is run.We have phenomenal roll models as well as friends. Central High school is like a family of it's own.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - defur
With changing state and national educational standards, will your child's public school have the ability to meet these requirements? Learn about the problems with public school performance and how parents can get involved.
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.