West Point High School
West Point High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Virginia for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 5%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 5%)
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 5%)
- Graduation Rate Highest graduation rate (Top 10%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 20%)
- West Point High School's student population of 273 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 23 teachers has grown by 9% over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2012)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||273 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- West Point High School is ranked within the top 5% of all 1,801 schools in Virginia (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has decreased from 13:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (VA)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#43 out of 1801 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||90-94%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||≥95%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||West Point School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- West Point West Point Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 184 students
1040 Thompson Avenue
West Point, VA 23181
(804)843-9810 0.2 6-8 184
- Mattaponi King & Queen Elementary School Grades: PK-7 | 306 students
24667 The Trail
Mattaponi, VA 23110
(804)785-5830 3.9 PK-7 306
- King And Queen Court House Central High School Grades: 8-12 | 210 students
17024 The Trail
King And Queen Court House, VA 23085
(804)785-6102 9.4 8-12 210
- New Kent Bridging Communities Regional Career & Technical Center
7930 New Chipping Lane
New Kent, VA 23124
(804)966-8575 10.4 n/a n/a
We report on new legislation in Mississippi that allows students to pray publicly in their schools across the state. Now, schools must develop policies to allow for prayer – but the new law is loaded with controversy.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.