Webster County School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 4 public schools managed by Webster County School District serving 1,407 students in Cowen, West Virginia.
- Minority enrollment is 3% of the student body (majority Black), which is less than the West Virginia state average of 10%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 14:1 is less than the state average of 15:1.
Webster County School District (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Cowen Glade Elementary School25 Mill St.
Cowen, WV 26206
Grades: PK-6 | 411 students
- Hacker Valley Hacker Valley Elementary School11 School Loop Road
Hacker Valley, WV 26222
Grades: PK-8 | 77 students
- Upperglade Webster County High SchoolOne Highlander Drive
Upperglade, WV 26266
Grades: 7-12 | 593 students
- Webster Springs Webster Springs Elementary School318 River Drive
Webster Springs, WV 26288
Grades: PK-8 | 326 students
|School District Name||Webster County School District|
|# of Schools||4|
|# of Students||1,407|
|# of Teachers||103|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14|
|# of Male Students||747|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||660|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||1|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||12|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||22|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||1,368|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||4|
|% of Two or more races Students||n/a|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||90|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||105|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||115|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||113|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||96|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||94|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||86|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||104|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||88|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||104|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||108|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||110|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||98|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||96|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Webster County School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 57 school districts in West Virginia (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 90-94% has increased from 70-74% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (WV)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $13,869 is higher than the state average of $11,801. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $14,682 is higher than the state average of $12,722. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||This State (WV)|
|Total Revenue||$21 MM||$43 MM|
|Spending||$22 MM||$46 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$13,869||$11,801|
|Spending / Student||$14,682||$12,722|
We examine the issue of Internet access in public schools, particularly in light of recent allegations from a father that his daughter was allowed to visit online dating websites from her school during class hours.
Special education teachers face a unique set of challenges, and so do the parents of special needs students. Keep reading to learn some practical tips for making your life as a special needs teacher or parent easier.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.