Westhoff Elementary School
Westhoff Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Texas for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 10%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 10%)
- Westhoff Elementary School's student population of 80 students has grown by 25% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 7 teachers has grown by 16% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||80 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Westhoff Elementary School is ranked within the top 50% of all 7,999 schools in Texas (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 11:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (TX)|
|Overall School Rank||#3029 out of 7999 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||50-59%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-49%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Westhoff Independent School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Smiley Nixon-smiley Daep
102 W Hwy 87
Smiley, TX 78159
(830) 484-3330 11.2 n/a n/a
- Nixon Nixon-smiley Middle School Grades: 5-8 | 320 students
800 Rancho Rd
Nixon, TX 78140
(830) 582-1536 11.4 5-8 320
- Yoakum G O A L S Program Grades: 4-10 | 1 student
402 Hubbard St
Yoakum, TX 77995
(361) 293-2854 12.1 4-10 1
- Cuero J C French Elementary School Grades: PK-1 | 326 students
611 E Prairie
Cuero, TX 77954
(361) 275-1900 13.3 PK-1 326
- Cuero Cuero High School Grades: 9-12 | 682 students
920 E Broadway
Cuero, TX 77954
(361) 275-1900 13.6 9-12 682
Should sixth graders be placed in elementary or middle school? We explore the pros and cons of the issue.
Learn 8 ways to guide your conversations with children when discussing high-profile acts of violence in schools.
Traditional Christmas carols, such as "Silent Night," may be sounds of the past on public school campuses. Learn about why schools are banning Christmas carols and how some parents are protesting the changes.