Whitney M Young Early Childhood
Whitney M Young Early Childhood places among the top 20% of public schools in Indiana for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 5%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Whitney M Young Early Childhood's student population of 245 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 8 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||245 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IN)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||31:1||17:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Fort Wayne Community Schools School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Fort Wayne Thurgood Marshall Leadership Academy Grades: K-8 | 157 students
2310 Weisser Park
Fort Wayne, IN 46803
(260) 755-0193 0.3 K-8 157
- Fort Wayne Bunche Elementary School Grades: PK-K | 241 students
1111 Greene St
Fort Wayne, IN 46803
(260) 467-4790 0.4 PK-K 241
- Fort Wayne John S Irwin Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 298 students
3501 S Anthony Blvd
Fort Wayne, IN 46806
(260) 467-5310 0.7 K-5 298
- Fort Wayne South Side High School Grades: 9-12 | 1,358 student
3601 S Calhoun St
Fort Wayne, IN 46807
(260) 467-2600 0.9 9-12 1,358
Learn about whether or not public school students are prepared to enter into the "real world" upon graduation, and how schools are changing their curriculum to meet changing economic needs.
Many school districts are hiking up the price of school lunches this year. We’ll take a look at some of the reasons for the trend, including the child nutritional bill that President Obama signed into law last year.
There is no denying that being a public school teacher has its challenges, but some are more apparent than others. Keep reading to learn about the top ten challenges facing public school teachers this year.