William A Welch Senior
- William A Welch Senior's student population of 360 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 24 teachers has grown by 14% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||360 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- William A Welch Senior is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,666 schools in Massachusetts (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#1320 out of 1666 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||30-34%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-44%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||n/a|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Peabody School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Salem Witchcraft Heights Grades: K-5 | 458 students
1 Frederick Street
Salem, MA 01970
(978) 740-1271 0.5 K-5 458
- Peabody Center Grades: K-5 | 394 students
18 Irving Street
Peabody, MA 01960
(978) 536-5475 1.1 K-5 394
- Peabody Captain Samuel Brown Grades: K-5 | 358 students
150 Lynn Street
Peabody, MA 01960
(978) 536-4100 1.2 K-5 358
Learn about how public schools are impacted by an economic recession, job losses, and funding cuts.
Through the Gates Foundation, Bill Gates has not only donated billions of dollars to public schools, but will now sponsor in-depth research on improving teaching that may change the face of public school education forever.
The start of the school year translates into greater risks for the spread of H1N1. Learn about how public schools across the country are combating the risks, as well as what you can do to keep your children safe.