Willow Crest Elementary School
Willow Crest Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Alaska for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 5%)
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Willow Crest Elementary School's student population of 387 students has declined by 9% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 27 teachers has grown by 8% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||387 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||27 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Willow Crest Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 465 schools in Alaska (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has decreased from 17:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AK)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#266 out of 465 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||17:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Anchorage School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Anchorage Aquarian Charter School Grades: K-6 | 385 students
1705 W 32nd Ave
Anchorage, AK 99517
(907)742-4900 0.9 K-6 385
- Anchorage Northwood Abc Grades: PK-6 | 348 students
4807 Northwood Dr
Anchorage, AK 99517
(907)742-6800 0.9 PK-6 348
- Anchorage Frontier Charter School Grades: K-12 | 291 students
400 W Northern Lights Blvd #9
Anchorage, AK 99503
(907)742-1180 1.1 K-12 291
- Anchorage S.a.v.e. High School Grades: 9-12 | 160 students
410 East 56th
Anchorage, AK 99518
(907)742-1250 1.2 9-12 160
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Say goodbye to mystery meat - and all other types of meat - at public school cafeterias that are embracing the Meatless Monday trend.
Schools all over the country have closed their doors to slow the spread of COVID-19, forcing educators and parents to switch to online learning strategies. Read on to learn where to start with homeschooling and for helpful resources for learning at home.