Willow Crest Elementary School
Willow Crest Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Alaska for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 5%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Willow Crest Elementary School's student population of 429 students has grown by 14% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 27 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||429 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||27 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Willow Crest Elementary School is ranked within the top 50% of all 466 schools in Alaska (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2014-15 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has increased from 14:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AK)|
|Overall School Rank||--||--|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||17:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Anchorage School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Anchorage Rilke Schule Charter School Grades: K-8 | 468 students
650 W International Airport Rd
Anchorage, AK 99507
(907)742-0900 0.5 K-8 468
- Anchorage Aquarian Charter School Grades: K-6 | 377 students
1705 W 32nd Ave
Anchorage, AK 99517
(907)742-4900 0.9 K-6 377
- Anchorage Northwood Abc Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 361 students
4807 Northwood Dr
Anchorage, AK 99517
(907)742-6800 0.9 PK-6 361
- Anchorage Frontier Charter School Grades: K-12 | 270 students
400 W Northern Lights Blvd #9
Anchorage, AK 99503
(907)742-1180 1.1 K-12 270
- Anchorage S.a.v.e. High School Grades: 9-12 | 176 students
410 East 56th
Anchorage, AK 99518
(907)742-1250 1.2 9-12 176
While some schools are debating whether to teach sex ed, Philadelphia schools will be making free condoms available in 22 schools across the district.
The world is in a constant state of change and those who fail to adjust fall behind. Unfortunately, the American public education system has not kept up with the times and is currently facing a number of serious problems. Keep reading to learn about the biggest failures affecting the modern U.S. public education system as well as some of the trends that could spark change.
Summer break is a time to kick back and relax but it is also a great time to do activities that will boost your college applications. Keep reading to see how to boost your application this summer.