Windber Elementary School
Windber Elementary School serves 592 students in grades Prekindergarten-5.
Windber Elementary School placed in the top 30% of all schools in Pennsylvania for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 68% (which is higher than the Pennsylvania state average of 45%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 71% (which is higher than the Pennsylvania state average of 62%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 15:1 is higher than the Pennsylvania state level of 14:1.
Minority enrollment is 3% of the student body (majority Black), which is lower than the Pennsylvania state average of 34% (majority Black).
Windber Elementary School's student population of 592 students has grown by 5% over five school years.
The teacher population of 40 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Windber Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 2,797 schools in Pennsylvania (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Windber Elementary School is 0.06, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.53. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (PA)
Overall Testing Rank
#797 out of 2797 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, PA Dept. of Education
Review Windber Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
27 Parenting Tips for School Success
From managing homework to avoiding helicopter parenting, this article provides 27 insightful tips for parents to help their children succeed academically.
Safety First: School Bus Safety Week Focuses on Keeping Students Safe on the Road
Learn about what schools have planned for school bus safety week, as well as problems school bus drivers commonly face while transporting students to and from school.
Chicagoans Asked to Pay More Taxes to Support Local Schools
Learn about the recent decision by Mayor Emanuel to raise property taxes to provide additional funding for local schools – and the controversy surrounding his decision.