Deerfield Community School District
- For the 2020-21 school year, there are 3 public schools in Deerfield Community School District, serving 757 students. Deerfield Community School District has one of the highest concentrations of top ranked public schools in Wisconsin.
- Public schools in Deerfield Community School District have an average math proficiency score of 36% (versus the Wisconsin public school average of 43%), and reading proficiency score of 54% (versus the 42% statewide average). This district's average testing ranking is 6/10, which is in the top 50% of public schools in Wisconsin.
- Minority enrollment is 14% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Wisconsin public school average of 30% (majority Hispanic and Black).
- The student:teacher ratio of 13:1 is less than the Wisconsin public school average of 15:1.
|School District Name||Deerfield Community School District|
|School District Website||http://www.deerfield.k12.wi.us|
|School District Phone Number||(608) 764-5431|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (WI)|
|# of Schools||3 Schools||2,287 Schools|
|# of Students||757 Students||861,712 Students|
|# of Teachers||60 Teachers||58,136 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||15:1|
- Deerfield Community School District, which is ranked within the6/, top 50% of all 439 school districts in Wisconsin (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018 school year.10
- The school district's graduation rate of 90% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (WI)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||3 Students||10,619 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||7 Students||34,180 Students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||57 Students||103,433 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||18 Students||79,012 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||650 Students||601,232 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||667 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||22 Students||32,570 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||56||55,187|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||63||56,921|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||54||57,618|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||56||58,448|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||53||60,887|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||58||61,995|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||64||62,832|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||51||61,625|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||71||61,657|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||37||62,439|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||66||66,005|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||38||64,405|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||50||64,611|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||40||67,082|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $13,627 in this school district is less than the state average of 14961. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $12,997 is less than the state average of $14,667. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (WI)|
|Total Revenue||$11 MM||$2 MM|
|Spending||$10 MM||$2 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$13,627||14961|
|Spending / Student||$12,997||14667|
Deerfield Community School District Public Schools (2020-21)
- School (Math and Reading Proficiency) Location Grades Students
- Deerfield Middle School 300 Simonson Blvd
Deerfield, WI 53531
Grades: 7-8 | 108 students
- Deerfield Elementary School 340 W Quarry St
Deerfield, WI 53531
Grades: PK-6 | 455 students
- Deerfield High School 300 Simonson Blvd
Deerfield, WI 53531
Grades: 9-12 | 194 students
Amidst the controversy surrounding President Obama's school address, learn about whether or not parents have any rights in choosing who their children's public schools invite as speakers.
Learn about the history of public schools incorporating self-contained classrooms, and whether they are right for your child.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.