Kiel Area School District
- For the 2020-21 school year, there are 4 public schools in Kiel Area School District, serving 1,252 students. Kiel Area School District has one of the highest concentrations of top ranked public schools in Wisconsin.
- Public schools in Kiel Area School District have an average math proficiency score of 50% (versus the Wisconsin public school average of 43%), and reading proficiency score of 51% (versus the 42% statewide average). This district's average testing ranking is 8/10, which is in the top 30% of public schools in Wisconsin.
- Minority enrollment is 9% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Wisconsin public school average of 30% (majority Hispanic and Black).
- The student:teacher ratio of 15:1 is equal to the Wisconsin public school average of 15:1.
|School District Name||Kiel Area School District|
|School District Website||http://www.kiel.k12.wi.us|
|School District Phone Number||(920) 894-2266|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (WI)|
|# of Schools||4 Schools||2,287 Schools|
|# of Students||1,252 Students||861,712 Students|
|# of Teachers||83 Teachers||58,136 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||15:1|
- Kiel Area School District, which is ranked within the8/, top 30% of all 439 school districts in Wisconsin (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018 school year.10
- The school district's graduation rate of 95% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (WI)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||4 Students||10,619 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||10 Students||34,180 Students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||60 Students||103,433 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||9 Students||79,012 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||1,138 Students||601,232 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||667 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||31 Students||32,570 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||86||55,187|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||76||56,921|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||60||57,618|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||75||58,448|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||82||60,887|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||84||61,995|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||94||62,832|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||88||61,625|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||77||61,657|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||85||62,439|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||109||66,005|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||110||64,405|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||104||64,611|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||122||67,082|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $12,477 in this school district is less than the state average of 14961. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $11,982 is less than the state average of $14,667. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (WI)|
|Total Revenue||$18 MM||$2 MM|
|Spending||$17 MM||$2 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$12,477||14961|
|Spending / Student||$11,982||14667|
Kiel Area School District Public Schools (2020-21)
- School (Math and Reading Proficiency) Location Grades Students
- Zielanis Elementary School 1010 Adams St
Kiel, WI 53042
Grades: PK-4 | 463 students
- Kiel Middle School 502 Paine St
Kiel, WI 53042
Grades: 5-8 | 344 students
- Kiel High School 210 Raider Hts
Kiel, WI 53042
Grades: 9-12 | 440 students
- Kiel Eschool 416 Paine St
Kiel, WI 53042
Grades: 7-12 | 5 students
Amidst the controversy surrounding President Obama's school address, learn about whether or not parents have any rights in choosing who their children's public schools invite as speakers.
Learn about the history of public schools incorporating self-contained classrooms, and whether they are right for your child.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.