Kiel Area School District
- For the 2020-21 school year, there are 2 public middle schools in Kiel Area School District, serving 349 students. Public middle schools in Kiel Area School District have an average math proficiency score of 53% (versus the Wisconsin public middle school average of 39%), and reading proficiency score of 52% (versus the 41% statewide average). This district's average middle testing ranking is 9/10, which is in the top 20% of public middle schools in Wisconsin.
- Minority enrollment is 10% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Wisconsin public middle school average of 36% (majority Hispanic and Black).
- The student:teacher ratio of 15:1 is equal to the Wisconsin public middle school average of 15:1.
|School District Name||Kiel Area School District|
|School District Website||http://www.kiel.k12.wi.us|
|School District Phone Number||(920) 894-2266|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (WI)|
|# of Schools||2 Schools||709 Schools|
|# of Students||349 Students||257,566 Students|
|# of Teachers||24 Teachers||17,128 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||15:1|
- Kiel Area School District, which is ranked within the top 20% of all 426 school districts in Wisconsin (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-2018 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 95% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (WI)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#136 out of 440 school districts|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||1 Student||3,994 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||4 Students||10,530 Students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||17 Students||34,103 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||6 Students||34,084 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||314 Students||165,791 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||202 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||7 Students||8,862 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-||6,528|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-||6,615|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-||7,012|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-||7,215|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-||7,588|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-||8,928|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||94||15,832|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||88||52,055|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||77||61,657|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||85||62,439|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-||6,987|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-||4,683|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||1||4,699|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||4||5,328|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $13,930 in this school district is less than the state median of $15,320. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $13,310 is less than the state median of $15,270. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017||This School District||This State (WI)|
|Total Revenue||$17 MM||$13 MM|
|Spending||$17 MM||$13 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$13,930||$15,320|
|Revenue / Student||$13,310||$15,270|
A generous Michigan teen was growing his hair long to donate to Locks of Love, but was suspended from school as a result. Was this the right cut? We’ll discuss both side of the issue.
A recent ruling by the U.S. Supreme Court bans public school use by churches outside of normal school hours, and we’ll take a look at both sides of this issue.
Learn about whether charter schools or traditional public schools are enjoying better academic performance amongst their students. What do the test results reveal?