Kiel Area School District
- For the 2020-21 school year, there are 2 public elementary schools in Kiel Area School District, serving 807 students. Public elementary schools in Kiel Area School District have an average math proficiency score of 54% (versus the Wisconsin public elementary school average of 44%), and reading proficiency score of 54% (versus the 43% statewide average). This district's average elementary testing ranking is 8/10, which is in the top 30% of public elementary schools in Wisconsin.
- Minority enrollment is 10% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Wisconsin public elementary school average of 32% (majority Hispanic and Black).
- The student:teacher ratio of 16:1 is more than the Wisconsin public elementary school average of 14:1.
|School District Name||Kiel Area School District|
|School District Website||http://www.kiel.k12.wi.us|
|School District Phone Number||(920) 894-2266|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (WI)|
|# of Schools||2 Schools||1,592 Schools|
|# of Students||807 Students||570,454 Students|
|# of Teachers||52 Teachers||39,300 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||14:1|
- Kiel Area School District, which is ranked within the top 30% of all 426 school districts in Wisconsin (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-2018 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 95% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (WI)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#136 out of 440 school districts|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||1 Student||7,470 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||8 Students||23,174 Students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||45 Students||72,836 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||8 Students||56,328 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||726 Students||386,354 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||466 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||19 Students||23,827 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||86||37,158|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||76||54,570|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||60||57,618|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||75||58,448|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||82||60,887|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||84||61,995|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||94||62,832|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||88||61,625|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||77||51,728|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||85||51,090|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-||3,026|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-||2,977|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-||2,988|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-||3,512|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $13,930 in this school district is less than the state median of $15,320. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $13,310 is less than the state median of $15,270. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017||This School District||This State (WI)|
|Total Revenue||$17 MM||$13 MM|
|Spending||$17 MM||$13 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$13,930||$15,320|
|Revenue / Student||$13,310||$15,270|
Kiel Area School District Public Elementary Schools (2020-21)
A generous Michigan teen was growing his hair long to donate to Locks of Love, but was suspended from school as a result. Was this the right cut? We’ll discuss both side of the issue.
A recent ruling by the U.S. Supreme Court bans public school use by churches outside of normal school hours, and we’ll take a look at both sides of this issue.
Learn about whether charter schools or traditional public schools are enjoying better academic performance amongst their students. What do the test results reveal?