Merton Community School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 2 public schools managed by Merton Community School District serving 860 students in Merton, Wisconsin.
- Minority enrollment is 6% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Wisconsin state average of 30%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 16:1 is more than the state average of 15:1.
|School District Name||Merton Community School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||860 students|
|# of Teachers||54 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
|# of Male Students||435 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||425 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||1 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||9 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||29 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||4 students|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||805 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||12 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||57|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||74|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||75|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||70|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||78|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||99|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||96|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||92|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||113|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||106|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Merton Community School District, which is ranked within the top 10% of all 439 school districts in Wisconsin (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of % has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (WI)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $12,168 in this school district is less than the state average of $14,923. The school district revenue/student has declined by 5% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $12,706 is less than the state average of $14,711. The school district spending/student has declined by 5% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (WI)|
|Total Revenue||$12 MM||$12 MM|
|Spending||$12 MM||$12 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$12,168||$14,923|
|Spending / Student||$12,706||$14,711|
We provide an overview and current status of the Race to the Top program that was designed as an incentive and funding program to promote education reform in public school districts across the country.