Phelps School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 2 public schools managed by Phelps School District serving 148 students in Phelps, Wisconsin.
- Minority enrollment is 13% of the student body (majority Hispanic and American Indian), which is less than the Wisconsin state average of 29%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 8:1 is less than the state average of 15:1.
|School District Name||Phelps School District|
|# of Schools||2|
|# of Students||148|
|# of Teachers||19|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8|
|# of Male Students||77|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||71|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||5|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||n/a|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||7|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||3|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||129|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||4|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||9|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||11|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||8|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||10|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||6|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||13|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||10|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||5|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||12|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||21|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||13|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||14|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||10|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||6|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Phelps School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 439 school districts in Wisconsin (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 50% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (WI)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||30-34%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||30-34%|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $26,594 is higher than the state average of $14,677. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $24,526 is higher than the state average of $14,468. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||This State (WI)|
|Total Revenue||$4 MM||$12 MM|
|Spending||$3 MM||$12 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$26,594||$14,677|
|Spending / Student||$24,526||$14,468|
We examine the issue of Internet access in public schools, particularly in light of recent allegations from a father that his daughter was allowed to visit online dating websites from her school during class hours.
Special education teachers face a unique set of challenges, and so do the parents of special needs students. Keep reading to learn some practical tips for making your life as a special needs teacher or parent easier.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.