Washington School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there is 1 public school managed by Washington School District serving 56 students in Washington Island, Wisconsin.
- Minority enrollment is 11% of the student body (majority Asian and Hispanic), which is less than the Wisconsin state average of 30%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 9:1 is less than the state average of 15:1.
Washington School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Washington Island Washington Island Elementary School888 Main Rd
Washington Island, WI 54246
Grades: PK-8 | 56 students
|School District Name||Washington School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||56 students|
|# of Teachers||6 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
|# of Male Students||27 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||29 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||3 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||2 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||1 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||50 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||n/a|
|% of Two or more races Students||n/a|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||3|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||5|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||5|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||5|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||10|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||8|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||5|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||4|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||11|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Washington School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 439 school districts in Wisconsin (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 50% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (WI)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||20-29%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-49%|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $21,968 is higher than the state average of $14,923. The school district revenue/student has declined by 6% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $23,016 is higher than the state average of $14,711. The school district spending/student has declined by 6% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (WI)|
|Total Revenue||$1 MM||$12 MM|
|Spending||$1 MM||$12 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$21,968||$14,923|
|Spending / Student||$23,016||$14,711|
Parents around the country are partaking in the Save Our Schools March to help maintain funding for our education system. Learn more about this movement and how you can get involved.