Yates Center Elementary School
- Yates Center Elementary School's student population of 369 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 23 teachers has declined by 20% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||369 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Yates Center Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,265 schools in Kansas (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (KS)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#671 out of 1265 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Woodson School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Yates Center Yates Center High School Grades: 9-12 | 133 students
105 W Bell
Yates Center, KS 66783
(620) 625-8820 0.9 9-12 133
- Buffalo Altoona-midway Middle/High School Grades: 5-12 | 102 students
20704 Us 75 Hwy
Buffalo, KS 66717
(620) 537-7711 14.8 5-12 102
- Le Roy Leroy Elementary School Grades: PK-2 | 46 students
1013 N Main St
Le Roy, KS 66857
(620) 964-2608 15.6 PK-2 46
- Le Roy Southern Coffey County High School Grades: 9-12 | 66 students
1010 N Main
Le Roy, KS 66857
(620) 964-2217 15.7 9-12 66
- Humboldt Humboldt Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 296 students
1100 Central St.
Humboldt, KS 66748
(620) 473-2461 17.0 PK-5 296
Good school very nice teachers.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - sophia thunberg
In light of an upcoming study on Montessori education in South Carolina, as well as the growing popularity of the Montessori Method in public charter schools, we’ll take a look at the principles behind Montessori education and whether it is an effective method for preparing some students for the professional world or higher education.
Across the nation, city mayors have increased their role and control over the local public school system. Learn about the controversies and the ramifications of mayoral control.
In light of all the finger-pointing occurring in the education reform movement, we’ll look at the good and bad of teachers unions – and whether these organizations really work in favor of students and/or teachers.