Yates Center Elementary School
- Yates Center Elementary School's student population of 353 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 24 teachers has declined by 14% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||353 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Yates Center Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has increased from 13:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (KS)|
|Overall School Rank||#656 out of 1,268 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||25-29%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||30-34%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Woodson School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Yates Center Yates Center High School Grades: 9-12 | 138 students
105 W Bell
Yates Center, KS 66783
(620)625-8820 0.9 9-12 138
- Buffalo Altoona-midway Middle/High School Grades: 5-12 | 104 students
20704 Us 75 Hwy
Buffalo, KS 66717
(620)537-7711 14.8 5-12 104
- Le Roy Leroy Elementary School Grades: PK-2 | 50 students
1013 N Main St
Le Roy, KS 66857
(620)964-2608 15.6 PK-2 50
- Le Roy Southern Coffey County High School Grades: 9-12 | 76 students
1010 N Main
Le Roy, KS 66857
(620)964-2217 15.7 9-12 76
- Humboldt Humboldt Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 294 students
1100 Central St.
Humboldt, KS 66748
(620)473-2461 17.0 PK-5 294
Parents around the country are partaking in the Save Our Schools March to help maintain funding for our education system. Learn more about this movement and how you can get involved.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.