Alakanuk School places among the top 20% of public schools in Alaska for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 1%)
- Alakanuk School's student population of 226 students has declined by 5% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 15 teachers has declined by 11% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||226 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Alakanuk School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 465 schools in Alaska (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has increased from 14:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AK)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#422 out of 465 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤5%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||6-9%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||17:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Lower Yukon School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school, middle school, and elementary school to Alakanuk School is Emmonak School (7.7 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Emmonak Emmonak School Grades: K-12 | 207 students
267 School Road
Emmonak, AK 99581
(907)949-1248 7.7 K-12 207
- Nunam Iqua Nunam Iqua School Grades: PK-12 | 64 students
32 School Rd
Nunam Iqua, AK 99666
(907)498-4112 12.3 PK-12 64
- Kotlik Kotlik School Grades: K-12 | 179 students
20129 School Rd
Kotlik, AK 99620
(907)899-4415 42.1 K-12 179
- Mountain Village Mountain Village School Grades: K-12 | 196 students
100 High School Rd
Mountain Village, AK 99632
(907)591-2204 50.6 K-12 196
- Saint Marys Saint Mary's School Grades: PK-12 | 194 students
1 Dixon Circle
Saint Marys, AK 99658
(907)438-2411 64.3 PK-12 194
President Obama’s recent address included infrastructure funding for renovating schools. We’ll look at the plan overall and some of the states that would benefit from the plan.
Schools all over the country have closed their doors to slow the spread of COVID-19, forcing educators and parents to switch to online learning strategies. Read on to learn where to start with homeschooling and for helpful resources for learning at home.
As schools around the country close for two weeks or more, parents find themselves asking some tough questions. Read on to learn about the current and future impact of COVID-19 on students in public schools.