Alakanuk School places among the top 20% of public schools in Alaska for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 1%)
- Alakanuk School's student population of 215 students has declined by 11% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 16 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||215 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Alakanuk School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 466 schools in Alaska (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2014-15 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has decreased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AK)|
|Overall School Rank||n/a||n/a|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤5%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤5%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||17:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Lower Yukon School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Emmonak Emmonak School Grades: K-12 | 215 students
Emmonak, AK 99581
(907)949-1248 7.7 K-12 215
- Nunam Iqua Sheldon Point School Grades: PK-12 | 61 students
32 School Road
Nunam Iqua, AK 99666
(907)498-4112 12.3 PK-12 61
- Kotlik Kotlik School Grades: K-12 | 197 students
20129 School Road
Kotlik, AK 99620
(907)899-4415 42.1 K-12 197
- Mountain Village Mountain Village School Grades: K-12 | 237 students
100 High School Road
Mountain Village, AK 99632
(907)591-2204 50.6 K-12 237
- Saint Marys Saint Mary's School Grades: PK-12 | 213 students
1 Dixon Circle
Saint Marys, AK 99658
(907)438-2411 64.3 PK-12 213
A new program in San Antonio and Austin tracks students with truancy history with GPS devices. The program is designed to improve attendance rates and student achievement.
The world is in a constant state of change and those who fail to adjust fall behind. Unfortunately, the American public education system has not kept up with the times and is currently facing a number of serious problems. Keep reading to learn about the biggest failures affecting the modern U.S. public education system as well as some of the trends that could spark change.
Summer break is a time to kick back and relax but it is also a great time to do activities that will boost your college applications. Keep reading to see how to boost your application this summer.