Algonquin School (Closed 2016)

  • The percentage of students achieving proficiency in Math was 65-69% (which was higher than the Connecticut state average of 40%) for the 2014-2015 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in Reading/Language Arts was 70-74% (which was higher than the Connecticut state average of 56%) for the 2014-2015 school year.
  • Algonquin School placed in the top 20% of all schools in Connecticut for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 30%) for the 2014-2015 school year.
  • Algonquin School operated within the Regional 16 School District.

Top Placements (Connecticut)

Algonquin School is Listed among the top public schools in Connecticut for:

  • Category Attribute
  • Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 20%)
  • Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 10%)

School Overview

Grades Offered
Total Studentsn/a
Gender %Algonquin School Gender
Total Classroom Teachersn/a

School Comparison

Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year DataThis SchoolState Level (CT)
Math Test Scores (% Proficient) (14-15)65-69%
40%
Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient) (14-15)70-74%
56%
Student : Teacher Ration/a13:1
Asian
100%
5%
All Ethnic GroupsAlgonquin School All Ethnic Groups Ethnicity BreakdownCT All Ethnic Groups Ethnicity Breakdown
Diversity Scoren/a0.42

District Comparison

School District NameRegional 16 School District
Number of Schools
Managed
6
4
Number of Students Managed2,2591,534
Regional 16 School District Students Managed (1988-2016)
District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
51%
44%
District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
66%
58%
District Total Revenue$41 MM$31 MM
District Spending$39 MM$30 MM
District Revenue / Student$17,125$20,313
District Spending / Student$16,096$19,375
School Statewide TestingView Education Department Test Scores
Source: 2015-2016 (latest school year available) NCES, CT Dept. of Education

Nearby Public Schools

Show me:
  • School Location Miles Grades Students
  • Prospect Community School
    Grades: 4-5
    0.2 miles
    12 Center Street
    Prospect, CT 06712
    (203)758-6674
    0.2 4-5 n/a
  • Prospect Long River Middle School
    Grades: 6-8 | 568 students
    0.4 miles
    38 Columbia Ave.
    Prospect, CT 06712
    (203)758-4421
    0.4 6-8 568
  • Prospect Prospect Elementary School
    Grades: PK-5 | 616 students
    0.4 miles
    75 New Haven Road
    Prospect, CT 06712
    (203)578-3300
    0.4 PK-5 616
  • Naugatuck Maple Hill School
    Grades: K-4 | 450 students
    2.2 miles
    641 Maple Hill Rd.
    Naugatuck, CT 06770
    (203)720-5236
    2.2 K-4 450
  • Cheshire Doolittle School
    Grades: 1-6 | 480 students
    2.7 miles
    735 Cornwall Ave.
    Cheshire, CT 06410
    (203)272-3549
    2.7 1-6 480
Recent Articles
Students with disabilities may require the assistance of a service dog, but how might the presence of a dog in the classroom affect other students? Could it be too distracting?
Childhood obesity rates continue to climb. While many public schools have implemented policies and programs to combat the problem, there is always more to be done. Keep reading to learn what schools are doing to prevent obesity and how you can help.
Food allergies are no laughing matter and it doesn't take long for them to become dangerous. Keep reading to learn how to keep your child safe at school if he has a food allergy.