Long River Middle School
- Long River Middle School's student population of 548 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 43 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||548 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||43 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Long River Middle School's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has decreased from 14:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CT)|
|Overall School Rank||#508 out of 968 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||13:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Regional 16 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Prospect Prospect Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 603 students
75 New Haven Road
Prospect, CT 06712
(203)578-3300 0.9 PK-5 603
- Naugatuck Maple Hill School Grades: K-4 | 447 students
641 Maple Hill Rd.
Naugatuck, CT 06770
(203)720-5236 2.2 K-4 447
- Waterbury Wendell L. Cross School Grades: PK-5 | 350 students
1255 Hamilton Ave.
Waterbury, CT 06706
(203)574-8171 2.7 PK-5 350
- Waterbury Michael F. Wallace Autism Grades: 7-8 | 7 students
3465 East Main St
Waterbury, CT 06705
(203)574-8410 2.8 7-8 7
- Waterbury Michael F. Wallace Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 1194 students
3465 East Main St.
Waterbury, CT 06705
(203)574-8140 2.8 6-8 1194
Long River was pretty great. I was an 8th grader during the 2016-17 school year and I would recommend going here. The teachers are understanding and nice, and aren't pushovers. The school staff pushes students to do their best and offers great discipline. The school also welcomes everyone, even if they have some sort of disability. The sports teams were decent when I went there, in my opinion, although a lot can change just within a year or so. If you are moving to Prospect, Long River Middle School is a school that should be greatly considered.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - easter
This school is awesome! i am an eighth grader there and i would not dream of going anywhere else. All the teachers are just so nice and they always push you to do your best. It has great discipline and morals. the sports teams there are cool. they all seem to do so well, well in my opinion. so if you are moving to Prospect, you should definately go to LRMS.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - idol2
Not just kids need schooling. Learn about the Parent Academy offered through Miami-Dade County Public Schools, where parents go back to school.
Across the country, parents are opting their children out of Common Core testing, with New York City seeing some of the biggest opt-out numbers. How is this massive school district handling the situation?
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.