Alice Peck Learning Center
Top Placements (Connecticut)
Alice Peck Learning Center is Listed among the top public schools in Connecticut for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 5%)
- Alice Peck Learning Center's student population of 150 students has grown by 48% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 8 teachers has declined by 20% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-3|
|Total Students||150 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Alice Peck Learning Center's student:teacher ratio of 19:1 has increased from 10:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CT)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1||13:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of Alice Peck Learning Center is Hamden School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 195 school districts in Connecticut (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Hamden School District's student population of 5,477 students has decreased by 5% over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $21,270 is higher than the state average of $20,313. The district revenue/student has declined by 9% over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $20,557 is higher than the state average of $19,375. The district spending/student has declined by 9% over four school years.
|School District Name||Hamden School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||5,477||1,534|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Total Revenue||$123 MM||$31 MM|
|District Spending||$119 MM||$30 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$21,270||$20,313|
|District Spending / Student||$20,557||$19,375|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Hamden West Woods School Grades: K-6 | 408 students
350 West Todd St.
Hamden, CT 06518
(203)407-2050 0.8 K-6 408
- Hamden Bear Path School Grades: K-6 | 456 students
10 Kirk Rd.
Hamden, CT 06514
(203)407-2015 2.1 K-6 456
- Hamden Hamden Middle School Grades: 7-8 | 803 students
2623 Dixwell Avenue
Hamden, CT 06517
(203)777-5571 2.8 7-8 803
- Hamden Shepherd Glen School Grades: K-6 | 304 students
1 Skiff St. Ext.
Hamden, CT 06514
(203)407-2070 3.1 K-6 304
- North Haven Green Acres Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 377 students
146 Upper State St.
North Haven, CT 06473
(203)239-5387 3.2 PK-5 377
Students with disabilities may require the assistance of a service dog, but how might the presence of a dog in the classroom affect other students? Could it be too distracting?
Childhood obesity rates continue to climb. While many public schools have implemented policies and programs to combat the problem, there is always more to be done. Keep reading to learn what schools are doing to prevent obesity and how you can help.
Food allergies are no laughing matter and it doesn't take long for them to become dangerous. Keep reading to learn how to keep your child safe at school if he has a food allergy.