Amity Regional High School
Top Placements (Connecticut)
Amity Regional High School is Listed among the top public schools in Connecticut for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 20%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 10%)
- Graduation Rate Highest graduation rate (Top 20%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 5%)
- Amity Regional High School's student population of 1486 students has declined by 8% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 121 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2014)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||1,486 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||121 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Amity Regional High School is ranked within the top 20% of all 968 schools in Connecticut (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has decreased from 13:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CT)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||13:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of Amity Regional High School is Regional 05 School District, which is ranked within the top 20% of all 195 school districts in Connecticut (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Regional 05 School District's student population of 2,244 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The district's graduation rate of 95% has increased from 92% over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $19,491 in this district is less than the state average of $20,313. The district revenue/student has declined by 9% over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $17,921 is less than the state average of $19,375. The district spending/student has declined by 11% over four school years.
|School District Name||Regional 05 School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||2,244||1,534|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Graduation Rate|
|District Total Revenue||$46 MM||$31 MM|
|District Spending||$42 MM||$30 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$19,491||$20,313|
|District Spending / Student||$17,921||$19,375|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Woodbridge Beecher Road School Grades: PK-6 | 771 students
40 Beecher Rd.
Woodbridge, CT 06525
(203)389-2195 1.6 PK-6 771
- Hamden Wintergreen Interdistrict Magnet School Grades: K-8 | 632 students
670 Wintergreen Ave.
Hamden, CT 06514
(203)281-9668 2.4 K-8 632
- Ansonia Mead School Grades: PK-6 | 595 students
75 Ford St.
Ansonia, CT 06401
(203)736-5090 2.7 PK-6 595
- New Haven Brennan Rogers School Grades: PK-8 | 492 students
200 Wilmot Rd.
New Haven, CT 06515
(203)946-8640 2.8 PK-8 492
- New Haven Davis 21st Century Magnet Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 497 students
35 Davis St.
New Haven, CT 06515
(475)220-7800 2.8 PK-8 497