Anawalt Elementary School
- Anawalt Elementary School's student population of 80 students has declined by 25% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 9 teachers has declined by 18% over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||80 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Anawalt Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 9:1 has decreased from 10:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (WV)|
|Overall School Rank||--|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||60-69%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||50-59%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||MCDOWELL COUNTY SCHOOLS School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Boissevain Abb's Valley-boissevain Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 174 students
7030 Abb's Valley Road
Boissevain, VA 24606
(276)945-5969 4.9 PK-5 174
- Kimball Kimball Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 229 students
Kimball, WV 24853
(304)585-7570 7.1 PK-5 229
- Bluefield Bluewell Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 200 students
Rt 4 Box 480
Bluefield, WV 24701
(304)589-5057 9.8 PK-5 200
- Bluefield Dudley Primary Grades: PK-2 | 254 students
1840 Tazewell Ave
Bluefield, VA 24605
(276)326-1507 9.8 PK-2 254
Across the country, public schools are being caught red-handed in manipulating their test scores, graduation rates, and campus safety data. Learn about why schools are cheating and how they are distorting the truth.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.