Mount View High School
- The student population of 805 students has stayed relatively flat over five years.
- The teacher population of 54 teachers has declined by 5% over five years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||805 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||54 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- The student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has increased from 14:1 over five years.
- The school's diversity scoreThe chance that two students selected at random would be members of a different ethnic group. Scored from 0 to 1, a diversity score closer to 1 indicates a more diverse student body. of 0.35 is more than the state average of 0.19. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
- Mcdowell County s School District's student population of 3,417 students has stayed relatively flat over five years.
- The revenue/student of $19,004 is higher than the state average of $11,650. The district revenue/student has grown by 30% over four years.
- The district's spending/student of $19,267 is higher than the state average of $12,559. The district spending/student has grown by 33% over four years.
|School District Name||Mcdowell County s School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||3,417||3,418|
|District Total Revenue||$67 MM||$43 MM|
|District Spending||$68 MM||$46 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$19,004||$11,650|
|District Spending / Student||$19,267||$12,559|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- KimballKimball Elementary SchoolGrades: PK-5 | 259 students
Kimball, WV 24853
- WelchCareer And Technology CenterGrades: PK-12
Welch, WV 24801
- WelchWelch Elementary SchoolGrades: PK-5 | 329 students
1235 Stewart Street
Welch, WV 24801
- AnawaltAnawalt Elementary SchoolGrades: PK-5 | 104 students
Anawalt, WV 24808
- Big SandyFall River Elementary SchoolGrades: PK-5 | 163 students
Route 7 Drawer 70
Big Sandy, WV 24816
Mount View High School is one of the best schools I've ever went to. The teahers are understanding, the faculty and staff are polite, and the extracurricular activites are outstanding. The arts program is small but extraodinary. Parents are involved in school activites. I would recommend this school to anyone.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - there