Kimball Elementary School
- Kimball Elementary School's student population of 229 students has declined by 11% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 22 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||229 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Kimball Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 10:1 has decreased from 11:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (WV)|
|Overall School Rank||--|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||50-54%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-44%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Mcdowell County s School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school, middle school, and elementary school to Kimball Elementary School is Mount View High School (2.7 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Welch Career And Technology Center Grades: PK-12
Welch, WV 24801
(304)436-3488 4.8 PK-12 n/a
- Anawalt Anawalt Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 80 students
230 Schoolhouse Road
Anawalt, WV 24808
(304)383-4849 7.1 PK-5 80
- New Richmond Wyoming County East High School Grades: 9-12 | 533 students
260 Warrior Way
New Richmond, WV 24867
(304)294-5200 10.5 9-12 533
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
As of 2014, nineteen states still allow corporal punishment – spanking and paddling the most common choices – in their public schools. However, some argue that not only are these punishments physically harmful, they also are disproportionately administered to students of color. As a result, House democrats have taken up the issue in a new bill that would ban all forms of corporal punishment nationwide.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.